Governance is the anchor. Watermark can help you deepen capacity for effective leadership and decision-making, and promote healthier organizational or family culture…anytime or during times of change and transition.
In addition to being an experienced board director, Sharilyn is a Chartered Director and a governance advisor and trainer with Boardsource, drawing from their cutting edge resources and curriculum for nonprofit governance. She also teaches Governance & Leadership at Carleton University’s graduate program in Philanthropy & Nonprofit Leadership.
- Governance assessments; performance evaluation; policy review and development
- Board building and succession strategies
- Director education, and family philanthropy explorations
- Private one-on-one coaching for CEO’s and Board Chairs
- Family and team meetings and retreats
We also offer 1 to 3-day workshops and retreats customized for you, such as:
- Board Leadership & Engagement: Fundamentals for Success
- Strategic Board Building & Development
- Show Me the Money: Creating a Philanthropic Culture
- The Board/Staff Partnership: How to Share Leadership and Get Results
- Practices of High-Performing Boards: What the Best Boards Do Well
- Board Self-Assessment and Action Planning
“Who knew governance could be so much fun??!! Sharilyn is a master teacher.”
Workshop participant, 2023