Selected Publications by Sharilyn
- Increase Your Family-Philanthropy-Savvy: Understanding How Families Give, The Vitreo Group Provocateur (March 2020).
- A Qualitative Multi-Case Study of How Philanthropic Multi-Generational Families in Canada Govern Their Non-Foundation Philanthropy: A New Model for Family Philanthropy Governance. Doctoral Dissertation, Hale (2019).
- The Giving Governance of Multi-Generational Families: A study of how generous families in Canada organize to make philanthropic decisions. Dissertation Summary, Hale (2019).
- Giving in the Caribbean: Building Upon Cultures of Generosity to Strengthen the Nonprofit Sector, Palgrave Handbook of Global Philanthropy, Hale (2015).
- CFRE Certification and Canadian Fundraising Practice Co-author, Excellence in Fundraising in Canada, Civil Sector Press, 2011.
- International Perspectives on Fundraising Contributing author, Achieving Excellence in Fundraising, 3rd ed., Wiley/Jossey Bass, 2011.
- International Encyclopedia of Civil Society, University of Heidelberg, 2010, Contributing author.
- Song of the River: Exploring Vocation in the Lives of Fundraisers Author, Master’s Thesis, Saint Mary’s University in Minnesota, 2004 Song-of-the-River-abridged-Nov-2011.pdf
Selected Presentations by Sharilyn
- The State of Family Giving as the Next Generation Takes the Torch. BrainTrust Philanthropy Podcast, powered by Vitreo (2020).
- Building Lives of Purpose: Engaging the Next Generation in Philanthropy. VIDEO Private client event, Burgundy Asset Management, Toronto (2019).
- If You’ve Seen One Board…You’ve Only Seen One Board: Building Great Governance. BrainTrust Philanthropy Podcast, powered by Vitreo (2017).
- Guest speaker on Women’s Philanthropy in Canada panel Carleton University, Ottawa (2014) Time Treasure Talent – Canadian Women & Philanthropy, TD Bank.
- Philanthropy in Caribbean / African Communities in Canada (30 minute presentation – YouTube video begins at 2.35), AFP Inclusive Giving: Caribbean & African Philanthropy Conference, Toronto (2013).
Women Give 2019: Gender & Giving Across Communities of Color. Women’s Philanthropy Institute, 2019.
30 Years of Giving in Canada. Lasby & Barr, 2018.
Imagine Canada Accreditation & Standards Program Handbook, 2018.
Good Grant-Making Guide. Johnson, 2015.
UnderDeveloped- A National Study of Fundraising Challenges Facing Nonprofits. CompassPoint and The Evelyn & Walter Haas, Jr. Fund.
Riseboro, Caroline, 2014. Rating-Charity-Overhead-Rates-The-Limitation-of-Overhead-to-Determine-Charity-Performance. Paper for the Philanthropy & Nonprofit Leadership program at Carleton University.