Watermark offers training, workshops and retreats on the following topics, and can also develop a program customized to the needs of your family, foundation, team, organization or Board. Sharilyn is known as an engaging and effective presenter and facilitator – contact her today to discuss your needs.
- Philanthro-Campus modular learning on topics of interest to you (e.g. charitable sector overview, effective grant-making, trends in Canadian and global giving, reading & assessing nonprofit financials, measuring philanthropic impact, harnessing the Sustainable Development Goals, diversity in grant-making, etc. (Call for details)
- What ‘Money Messages’ Do You Carry?
- Family Quest Philanthropic Conversations
- Generational Personalities and Profiles
- What am I inheriting?
- Board Leadership & Engagement: Fundamentals for Success
- Show Me the Money: Creating a Philanthropic Culture
- Strategic Board Recruitment and Development
- The Board/Staff Partnership: How to Share Leadership and Get Results
- Practices of High-Performing Boards: What the Best Boards Do Well
- Board Self-Assessment and Action Planning
- Fund Development Essentials Workshop Series
- Philanthropic Culture within Your Organization
- Women and Philanthropy
- Vocational Exploration and Values for Fundraisers
What Session Participants Have Said
“A fabulous workshop! Sharilyn is an effective speaker. She provided useful tools that you can take away and apply.”
– Fiona, Centre on Philanthropy workshop
“Best session I’ve ever been to at AFP! Excellent reflective format for experienced fundraisers.”
– AFP Toronto Congress session attendee
“Sharilyn is a skilled facilitator with an strong knowledge base in governance and Board leadership.In her work with our organization, she challenged our thinking and guided us through a process to determine clear steps to continuous improvement.
-Amy Coupal, formerly Learnography/My Class Needs Foundation
“The quality of Sharilyn’s presentation was excellent. Her “real world” experiences that she shared were invaluable.”
– Attendee, Italian Fundraising Festival
“Sharilyn showed us how major gift and diaspora fundraising can play a bigger role in moving our new initiatives to scale. We’re grateful for her fresh perspective on Caribbean generosity.”
-Wamite Muthara, United Way Worldwide
“Thank you very much for joining the conference and inspiring us. Your participation encouraged us a lot, and all of the delegates felt that we are a part of the global fundraising community.”
– Masa Uo, CEO, Japan Fundraising Association
“Sharilyn has assisted The Centre on Philanthropy for a number of years. She has spoken at our conferences and given workshops geared for our local nonprofit community. She has made a point of learning about the Bermuda environment and has shown great cultural sensitivity when presenting materials here. She has proven to be an effective trainer, a well-received speaker and a trusted advisor and friend.”
-Pam Barit Nolan, Former CEO, The Centre on Philanthropy (Bermuda)