You want to give, and give well. Let Watermark help you achieve your philanthropic goals, reflecting the issues you care about, and the impact you want to make.
Sharilyn is experienced working with individuals and couples. She also loves working with families (often in the context of a family business or foundation), and is an advisor with 21/64 in NYC to support multi-generational family philanthropy. With deep knowledge of the philanthropic communities in Canada and the Caribbean, Watermark is able to customize the following services to best meet your needs:
Passion & Purpose Lab
- Exploration of your passions, values, and philanthropic purpose;
- Getting clear on philanthropic directions and priorities;
- Philanthro-Campus modular learning on topics of interest to you;
- Facilitated family retreats, conversations and critical decision making
Philanthropy Review & Assessment
- In depth analysis of current giving practices, history, experiences and charitable relationships;
- Individual interviews probing perspectives on giving, future considerations, concerns and aspirations;
- Landscape review providing baseline for shared understanding and recommendations for future.
Giving Strategy & Grantee Engagement
- Development of comprehensive giving plans – philosophy, strategy, structures and resourcing;
- Representation to charities on your behalf; gift negotiation; gift proposals/agreements;
- Orientation to particular areas of the nonprofit sector; strategic research, organizational profiles and due diligence; gift evaluation.
Giving-Governance Tune Up
- Structuring your giving-governance for effectiveness; board roles and responsibilities; director education;
- Philanthropic succession counsel for families, giving counsels and foundations; preparing for leadership transition;
- Engaging multiple generations in family philanthropy.
Sharilyn is discrete, objective and does not advocate or represent any cause or organization, meaning she is wholly focused on you and your philanthropic journey. She is also able to work collaboratively with your financial/legal advisors, or Family Office.