You didn’t get here without a plan. Let Watermark’s international expertise help you achieve your philanthropic goals, by developing an intentional approach to giving that reflects the issues you care about, and the impact you want to make.
Sharilyn is experienced working with individuals and couples. She also loves working with families (often in the context of a family business or foundation), and is an advisor with the 21/64 Foundation in NYC to support multi-generational family philanthropy. With deep knowledge of the philanthropic communities in Canada and the Caribbean, Watermark offers the following services:
- Exploration of your values, priorities and areas of desired impact
- Development of individual or family giving plans – philosophy, strategy and structures
- Facilitated family retreats, conversations and critical decision making
- Engaging multiple generations in family philanthropy
- Governance and succession counsel for family foundations; preparing for leadership transition
- Representation to charities on your behalf; gift negotiation
- Orientation to particular areas of the nonprofit sector; research and due diligence; gift proposals/agreements; gift evaluation
Sharilyn is discrete, objective and does not advocate or represent any cause or organization, meaning she is wholly focused on you and your philanthropic journey. She is also able to work collaboratively with your financial/legal advisors, or Family Office.